Who are North East Searchers.

Nes

Who are North East Searchers.

Postby Nes » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:18 am

bannerfans_15573244 %25281%2529.jpg

Hi,and welcome my name is will, and my forum name on Broadsword is NES,
We are a New Metal Detecting Club having only been Established since June 2014. Being Based in and around the North east of England we aim to attract New and Experienced Detectorists Alike !.
We know how Hard it is to gain Access into Existing MD Clubs in and around the Region having been Rejected from Many ourselves, we Decided to Start our own Club for like minded Hobbyists who can't but want to get out into the Countryside and Detect on Land Steeped in History !.
All we ask is for You to Abide by ' All Rules ' and to have a Friendly and Exciting time here with all Fellow Members. We will NOT TOLERATE any Insults or Attacks against any other Members or Staff of this Club/forum.
Also we do not support night hawkers at all, anyone caught doing this will be 100 % banned from the Club / Forum for Life without hesitation.

All the people who join up to north east searchers goes onto a waiting list, but if any broadsword members do sign up, please mention on request forum who you are and say your a member from here, this way it keeps our forum safe and to limit members only, At the present moment we are working closely with Durham museum as of 2 hoards our members found have been handed in, as of treasure, and over the next few months we'll keep all peeps n diggers updated.

Thank you for taking the time to Read and i hope you Enjoy your stay here with the Friendliest Bunch of like minded people that could ever have come together.

Thanx will :thumbsup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pepe le pew

Re: Who are North East Searchers.

Postby pepe le pew » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Hello Will

While not a detectorist, I'm curious to know why it is hard to join existing clubs :?:

Pepe

Nes

Re: Who are North East Searchers.

Postby Nes » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:25 pm

Well you'l be so surprised what goes on in the metal detecting world, some people out there spoil it for others who are just in it for greed in my eyes, example NIGHT HAWKING is what the hobbiest calls it in the metal detecting world. This is where some people just go where they feel like it without any permission at all, and its this what gives the good guys n girls a very bad name.

Also a lot of metal detecting clubs, yes are private where you need to be approved before joining them or they will say there's no more room in the club/clubs for any more, new people to the hobby. Or due to certain things what's been found, which i don't want to mention clubs at all because were keeping it real in this post,
Then theres always at least 1-2 bad members what join up and try to night hawk the land after a club dig, because of whats been found, believe me i/we've had them come and go since day one of opening up our doors, no trust at all. I/we opened a new forum for totally new people to the hobby, as yes myself and friends were rejected from many forums/clubs and had no where to dig. as metal detecting is great with others, always someone to chat to as some days can be long.

But yes a lot of back stabbing does go on within the metal detecting world and we and all the other clubs dont stand for it, so this is why we are private only, but dont get me wrong theres clubs out there where you can just join up, but they are mainly just for help and posting your finds, which the MDF detecting forum is great for that and can be found on google.

I hope this makes a bit sense but yes theres many reasons for been private, you dont want your clubs good land NIGHT HAWKED. :thumbsup: